CNC Micromachining to Micron Level Tolerances
CNC micromachining of all hard materials to micron level tolerances is now available from Valley Design. By incorporating 4 Axis CNC micromachining capabilities to its extensive range of precision machining services, Valley offers a one-stop solution. From CNC machining to precision lapping, optical polishing, ultrasonic hole drilling, production dicing, backgrinding, wafering, edge polishing and beveling, Valley can do it all. Special capabilities include ultra-thinning, polishing to Angstrom level finishes, micron level tolerances, and tight flatness, parallelism and TTV specifications.
Materials for micromachining include Fused Silica, Glass, Quartz, 96% - 99.9% Alumina ceramics, Aluminum Nitride, Metals and more. Valley can machine your provided material, or from our extensive inventory. CNC machined features may include pockets, through-holes, slots, channels, edge chamfers, corner chamfers, radii, steps, and complex shapes with tight tolerances.
- Alumina medical sensor light baffles - semicircular shapes with 1mm dimensions x a fraction of a millimeter thick.
- Borofloat glass odd-shaped polished and micromachined package covers
- 304 stainless substrates, few millionths square by 0.5mm thick polished to less than 50 Angstroms surface finish.
- Copper and Titanium circular shims sequentially spaced with thickness tolerance of + .5um
- Aluminum mirrors with gold coating
Precision CNC micromachining from Valley, your one stop full service micromachining facility:
- Aluminum Nitride CNC Machining - AlN CNC machining, lapping, polishing and dicing
- Ceramic CNC Machining - High accuracy, tight tolerance Ceramic CNC machining
- Fused Silica CNC Machining - Fused Silica CNC machining, grinding, polishing, dicing
- Glass CNC Machining - Various glass machining including Borofloat, Soda Lime, Zerodur and others
- Quartz CNC Machining - Quartz and Single Crystal Quartz machining, lapping and polishing
Return to Home Page Optical polishing, lapping, dicing and optical components polishing