Polished Sapphire Wafers, Disks and Washers
Recently Valley has fabricated optically polished sapphire discs 0.157" and 0.08" diameter and 0.001" thick. Even on parts this thin, the process allows for a smooth O.D. (and I.D. on washers) no matter how hard or soft the material is.
We specialize in large and small thin plates, up to 12" in diameter. Whether the material is Sapphire, Ceramics, Quartz, filters, or any other machineable material, this method will produce high quality parts.
The available crystal orientations are A-plane , C-plane  and R-plane . The minimum thinness possible, to a large degree, is dictated by the crystal orientation chosen.
Other Sapphire related Web pages:
- www.valleydesign.com/fiber-optics Surface finish measurements with WYKO interferometer
- www.valleydesign.com/ultra-thin-sapphire Polished Sapphire substrates and wafers
- www.customdicing.com/sapphire Dicing Sapphire wafers and substrates
- www.ultra-thin.com/sapphire Ultra-thin Sapphire wafers and substrates
- www.valleydesign.com/sapppic.htm Transmission curve of Sapphire
- www.valleydesign.com/sappprop.htm Typical properties of Sapphire
Return to Home Page Optical polishing, lapping, dicing and optical components polishing